At our most recent Guild meeting held March 13th over 30 Huggy Bunnies were created by members as a community service to be donated to S.A.F.E. or the Sherriff's Department.
Our next meeting will be held at Calvary Church (across from Towns Co. School in Hiawassee) on April 10th at 4pm. with a special presentation by the head chef from Portofino's Restaurant who is not only creative in the kitchen but as an artist!
From February thru March the Guild has presented art programs at the Towns County Senior Center. February was a busy month creating jewelry,a painting, cards, and yarn hearts. March started with birdhouses and special Easter cards.
- Offers local artists encouragement and support of their art thru Artworks, shows, and fairs
- Offers local artists the opportunity to teach their art or craft at Artworks
- Offers discounted or free art classes for children to experience creating and appreciating art
- Offers affordable art classes for adults to experience creating and appreciating art
- Supports local traditional mountain crafts and culture thru Artworks, shows, and fairs
- Offers art scholarships
- Offers the community a venue to appreciate and purchase quality arts and handmade crafts thru Artworks, shows, and fairs
- Contributes to economic development of the community by attracting tourists and new residents who appreciate local art and crafts
Mountain Regional Arts and Crafts Guild, Inc. is a 501 ( c ) 3 nonprofit charitable organization.
Your donation to support our programs is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Knowledge with the community through classes
Childrens' Art Classes
Are you creative, enjoy making handcraft items.
Would you like to belong to a group that is dedicated to promoting the arts and crafts of local artists?
Consider membership in the Mountain Regional Arts and Crafts Guild.
Mountain Regional Arts & Crafts Guild meets monthly on the second Tuesday of every month at Calvary Chapel, 1390 US Hwy 76 East in Hiawassee, Georgia. The address is in the Chatuge Harbor Shopping center across from the Towns County Schools about a mile east of ArtWorks. The Guild meeting begins at: 4 pm.(Winter Hours) May- October, the meeting will start at 6 pm.